The MHFA instructor programme is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Become a Mental Health First Aider, by attending an online interactive course and help make a positive difference within your workplace and community, becoming one of over three million people worldwide MHFAs.
- The Office for National Statistics revealed that the total number of days lost to sickness absence in 2018 were 141.4 million (Report Nov 2019). 12.4% of this was due to mental health conditions including stress, anxiety and depression.
- From Public Health England: 1 in 6 adults will have experienced a common mental health disorder in any given week
- The total cost of mental ill health in England is estimated at £105 billion a year
- Men aged 40-49 have the highest suicide rates in the UK.
Adult Mental Health First Aid Course (Online interactive delivery)
This course teaches participants the skills, knowledge and confidence to spot the signs / understand the triggers and help others when they are experiencing mental health difficulties, with sensitivity, empathy and understanding. And in turn help reduce stigma and discrimination around mental ill health.
The course is delivered in four manageable chunks covering: mental health; suicide and depression; anxiety, self harm and eating disorders and psychosis.
The Mental Health First Aid course provides:
An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support — whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix of these.
- Online Interactive Course: 4 online interactive sessions (2 – 2.5 hours each) with 4 individual self-learning sessions too. This course can be delivered over a period of a week, two weeks duration and with the option of a two day delivery too.
- Learning takes place through a mix of group discussions and activities, videos, slides and case studies to embed the learning experience.
- Numbers are limited to per course for the instructor to keep participants safe and supported with their learning
- During the course you will be provided with your own detailed MHFA manual, workbook and quick reference MHFA Checklist
- Upon completion of the course you will receive an MHFA Certificate
Feedback / Quotes/ Recommendations:
“This was by far the best MH course or any type of course I have attended! It was planned and delivered exceptionally. I have learnt a lot that can be used on a daily basis, especially the strategies, including ALGEE and language, that will prove to be invaluable to my role.Thank you.” MHFA Attendee/July21
“this course was excellent working through a huge range of topics and was comprehensive in terms of future resources. If feel that the course is essential post Covid and that the frontline workers should all access this training. The pace and delivery of content was excellent and will be recommending to others” MHFA Attendee/Mar 21
” I found it enlightening, fascinating and an eye opener. I highly recommend the course and tutor” MHFA Attendee/Mar 21
“- you listen actively and make people feel acknowledged, heard and included.” MHFA Attendee/Feb 21
“very mindful of the wellbeing of attendees and took great care to listen to everyones views and opinions …a great opportunity to learn in a safe and engaging environment” MHFA Attendee/Feb 21
I would highly recommend this course” MHFA Attendee/Jan21
“Having the skills to use the Action Plan at the right time can save lives” MHFA Attendee/Jan21
“I will be recommending this course to many others. MHFA Attendee/Jan21
“It’s been a complete eye-opener for me” MHFA Attendee/21
“I found this course extremely useful and glad to have attended” MHFA Attendee/Jan21